Tuesday, October 02, 2007

My first 5k!!!

Today I ran my first ever 5k race. It was a fun experience and I met both of my goals including not finishing dead last! I actually finished in 29 minutes 39 seconds which was my other goal, finish in under 30 minutes! Little Jakey and grandma were out on the course cheering me on and taking pictures. This is before the first mile mark. I was at the end of the pack because I wanted to run with some friends. It wasn't long before I was forced to ditch them in favor of meeting my goals.


This is the end of the first of two laps around the lake. Just coming up the big hill. Okay, it wasn't big at all but it really felt big! This was about the half way point.


This was nearing the end of my second lap around the lake before heading to the finish. I had just given my baby a high five. I was so happy he was there cheering me on! That's why I'm still smiling despite wanting to throw up. And yes, that is a six year old running behind me. I barely beat him, OKAY? But I creamed his four year old sister. Sweet!


And this is me posing proudly with my first place plaque! I won first place for women in my age division (19-29 years) but don't get too excited. There were only two people IN my division. But I beat her and that's all that matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your big race. That's a REAL accomplishment as a mom. Your kids are adorable and I love your blog. I can TOTALLY relate.
Jennifer (Soptich) Stokes