Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Speedy!

Today I ran in my fifth race. This was a 5k which is equal to 3.2 miles. Even with a minimum of training this summer (and by minimum I mean I ran three times all summer) and only a week of daily training last week and then a week off, I managed to race well and break my personal record. Today I ran the race in 28 minutes and 5 seconds. This is not a good time by any means but it's the fastest I've ever run it. Darrin thinks I could easily break 26 minutes if I would just BELIEVE! I don't. So I guess that's the problem.

Ready to run. Not really. I tried to back out of this race because of the SNOW! But I couldn't get ahold of Darrin so I had to show up.


Off the starting line. Look! I'm floating!


3.2 miles later...I'm crossing the finishing line at 28.05!


Heading down the chute to get recorded.


Very excited to have a new personal best.


My trophy. I got first place in my age division. I should qualify that statement by mentioning that I was the ONLY PERSON IN MY AGE GROUP. So I still would have won first place even if I'd walked.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You shouldn't have included the details for the trophy. I would have just left it at I won first place. And congrats on breaking your previous record.