Monday, November 09, 2009

Home From CKC!

For the past four days, my friend Tracy and I, have been scrappin' it up at the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Bellevue, Wa. We flew down from Alaska last Wednesday night and started classes on Thursday morning.

A special thank you goes out to my darling mom and pops, who generously loaned us the use of their home and car while we were there. We scrapped. We shopped. We ate at places not found in Alaska (ie: PF Changs and Jack in the Box) and we enjoyed every minute!

It was nice to come home to our sweet kids and hubbies, who also deserve a special thank you for allowing us to take this trip every year!

I didn't take a ton of pictures because everything was so fast paced, but I got some highlights...


Every year I try to get my picture taken with a "scralebrity" and this year I found Megan Hoeppner, the Creative Editor at CK magazine. Jealous?


Thursday night was dinner at PF Changs with some friends. A few girls from high school met up with us at the convention for the scrap-a-thon and we all went out to dinner. Lettuce wraps. Yum. This was our desert.


Here we all are in class. From left to right: Tracy, Me, Rachael and Jessica.


Starbucks. My life blood. I think I drank one for breakfast, lunch and dinner each day.


Apart from scrapping, we also did some shopping. HELLO! This is my mom and my sister in law, Kate. I did not get the puffy vest memo. But I wish I had, because they were super cute.


What is THIS GUY doing here? A dude (a DUDE? At a scrapbook convention?) from Alaska. Johnny Moyer. He hooked us up.


The parting shot. This was taken about five minutes before we all parted ways until next year.

Now we are all home safe. I'm inspired to do some creative things (my first challenge was getting all my new STUFF into my limited luggage situation. I really hate that airlines charge for all checked luggage!

1 comment:

Ryan & Carly said...

Insert me into this photo....maybe next year!