Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Jakey Loves Jesus

For the past several weeks, Jake has been asking us about Jesus and about heaven and salvation. He was also asking his grandma and his teacher a bunch of questions. Darrin and I were hesitant about teaching him about salvation because what does a six year old know about a decision like that? But his persistance encouraged us to trust that the Holy Spirit was touching his young heart. So in our living room, while I was at the grocery store, Daddy and Jake prayed together and Jakey asked Jesus to come into his heart. Then he cried.

AND I MISSED IT! That's okay though, my blubbering would have been a distraction anyway. What a special moment for Daddy and Jake. We are so proud of him.

In honor of his decision, we took him to pick out a brand new bible. Before we got to the book store he had decided that he wanted one with red and blue on it. And we actually found one.



I filled out the presentation page for him and wrote him a squishy love note. Then we added the date of his decision.



I think we are going to wait a little while before getting baptized though. Still a little skittish of water in the eyes.

YAY JAKEY!

5 comments:

Raychel said...

How amazing. God is good. What a special, sweet little man you have. I just want to squeeze him... too bad he wouldn't let me!

Becky Ingram said...

You & Darrin are truly amazing parents & wonderful Christians. I am so proud that you live what you truly believe. Nothing phoney about you two! I was so touched by this.

Aunt Becky

Jesus-1 / Satan-0

Becky Ingram said...

How awsome! I was truly touched by this!

Aunt Becky

jennbean said...

I was wondering if congratulations was the wrong word here, but on thinking about it a bit more, it is not...congratulations, that is so exciting! :)

Michelle's Day said...

THAT'S GREAT!!!!!