Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Flowers

Three years ago I planted a bed full of assorted bulbs. Every year I wait impatiently to see what will happen. Nothing ever happens. Inevitably, the moose will come and chomp everything down before there are any blooms. This year was no exception.

The moose came.

The moose chomped.

However...

The moose came early.

The moose came so early that everything had time to regroup, reevaluate and regrow. So this year, my bulb bed is bangin.

Boo-ya.


Look at my tulips! I've never had tulips bloom before! Tulips are a particular favorite of moose. My kids think they are called "two lips"


Look! Some kind of daffodil!


Look! Purple things!

That is all that is currently in bloom but I have other things getting ready to show off. I have no clue what they are but I'm sure they'll be spectacular.

I also have a couple of hanging baskets. Hurray for Mother's Day!


This is my first year attempting fuchsias. I was under the impression that they were really hard to care for. They are not. That's my kind of basket.


I am normally a complete failure when it comes to hanging baskets. Oh, you mean you're supposed to water them? This year I'm being more diligent. My petunias appreciate it.

1 comment:

Michelle's Day said...

BEAUTIFUL! i'm jealous! the only things i can grow are grass and dandelions :-( if anyone wants a plant to die, send it to me!