Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It’s Valentine’s Day


For some reason, my kids were overly excited about the approach of Valentine’s day. I don’t know if they thought it was going to be like Christmas, or what, but all I heard for the week prior was the countdown to the BIG DAY. This actually put a lot of pressure on me to deliver something fabulous. Which really was the pits because I dislike holidays in general and Valentine’s Day in particular.

So in true “me” fashion, I took Doobie to the store ON VALENTINE’S DAY while the other kids were in school and I picked up a few treats and bought a package of Valentine-y cookies to bake, grabbed a Starbucks and a last minute card for my hubby and went home.

I promptly burned the cookies. That’s just how I roll.

I whipped up a little plate of goodies for each kid, had them set out when they got home from school and TADA! Valentine’s Day. So glad that’s over.







Darrin admitted that he almost bought me flowers but knew I would be more annoyed than happy about them. He was right. He was super annoyed that I got him a card. But it was funny so I don’t care. Then I wrote mushy stuff inside because sometimes I feel mushy about how much I love him.




Jake’s loot from school. He was flipping out that he got a conversation heart that said, “let’s kiss!"

No comments: