Tuesday, May 01, 2012

My Visalus Journey

Just a little update on my journey with Visalus and the 90 Day Challenge

I have been on the challenge for 43 days and lost 10 pounds and 2 inches at my waist.  Honestly, this is just a seriously happy bonus because I started the challenge purely for the nutritional benefit.  One cannot live on fruit snacks alone, after all.

My husband lost 26 pounds in his first 30 days and is plowing away at reaching his goals.  He is having so much success and is so motivated that he has inspired a lot of other people to join the challenge with us, simply by walking around looking good.  Haha!

Almost immediately after I joined the challenge, I also decided to promote the challenge and earn a little extra money.  I couldn’t be more thrilled with my decision.  I made Rising Star in 29 days (which is actually considered slow in this business) and made a nice bonus.  I enrolled my husband as a promoter under myself and even though it required another large investment, we had recouped the cost of both within the first month. 

My team grew quickly with several friends jumping on board to promote the challenge with me.  I soon found myself with a team of four who were rapidly building their own teams as well.  

For the month of April I was painfully close to earning my BMW.  Painfully close.  I cannot tell you how painful that closeness was.  I actually could have made it without a problem except that I am a really nice person.

You see, one neat thing about the Challenge is that if you join as a customer and encourage three friends to join with you by the end of the month, you earn your next month free.  As long as they stay on, you continue to earn your free product.  Well, I made the decision to tell DOZENS of customers who were interested in joining in the final week of April, to wait until May 1st so that they would have a whole month to find three friends to refer.  

Sigh.

So if I weren’t so nice, I’d be heading to the BMW dealership right now.

This morning, May 1st, my up-lines all got together and called me on a conference call to tell me that if I could get two people to sign up as distributors before 3pm today, the company would back date them and I would get my car.  And the agony begins again.  So I will be on the phone for the next hour, seeing what I can do.  

I can’t even function as a normal person right now.  

3 comments:

Cheri-Beri said...

Wow!!! How long do you get to keep the car? That's awesome :-)

Cheri-Beri said...

Wow!! How long do you get to keep the car??

Unknown said...

The car bonus works like this: Once you qualify, you go out and purchase or lease a black BMW, any model, new or used. Send proof to the company and they will start making your car payment up to $600. If your payment is less than that, you keep the difference.

OR, you can take a $300 cash bonus instead. As long as you remain qualified, you get the bonus every month. Considering I nearly qualified in my first 30 days, it’s not that difficult to remain qualified. :)