Monday, November 06, 2006

It's been a while...

I guess I haven't posted in a while. That's what happens when there is either nothing going on, or too much going on. We happen to be experiencing the latter. Darrin has been coaching a couple of different basketball teams and they all have random schedules and various games. I think I saw him last night for a minute...
Our friend's kids have been staying with us this week while mom and dad and big sister are out of town at a youth rally. The kids have been so good and such a big help just keeping my kids entertained.
Baby Joshy is suffering from "grunting baby syndrome" which is a condition (usually caused by reflux) which causes him to grunt like a pig while he's asleep. And he does it for hours on end. It has gotten so bad that he has lost his voice (and now he cries silently) and he gave himself a hernia under his belly button (which now sticks out like a ball). Things have improved slightly because we have implemented some preventive measures we found on the internet. This coming Wednesday I will take him to the doctor to see if she want's to prescribe any medication for the reflux. In the mean-time, please pray for our little guy because this condition is very uncomfortable (read: painful) for him. And I've decided a silent cry is more heart-breaking than a loud one.

1 comment:

J and B said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds terrible. I hope the little guy is doing better.