Monday, January 14, 2008

Resolutions

I'm a tad late at documenting this but then again, puntuality was not one of my resolutions this year (though my hubby would probably argue that it should be) but I was inspired to try a couple of things.

The first is to read 50 books. Now that I FINALLY finished reading the Bible (took two years!) and have lifted the self-imposed reading restriction that kept me from straying to other things during my bedtime reading ritual, I am now ready to conquer a list of books that everyone should read in their lifetime. Before I do that though, I want to conquer the pile of books that has created itself aside of my bed, waiting for me ever so patiently for the past year. So far I have read three and have decided that's a pretty good start, it only being mid January. I'm a half a week ahead of schedule!

My second plan was inspired by a celebrity in the scrapbooking world (a scra-lebrity if you will), Ali Edwards, who took up a challenge to take a self-portrait every day for 365 days. I started yesterday so I obviously have only taken two. I will be documenting this challenge on Flickr which is in my links list. Some might remember that I had the personal thrill of meeting Ali at the scrapbook convention in Seattle this past November. I am such a nerd.

Finally, I am attempting to run a half-marathon this year. This May actually. I have been running my little heart out since July and have decided to add it to my ever-lengthy list of personal passions. There is just something about getting outside and just running!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Who knew that at this stage in our lives we would be doing so many of the same things. Well... atleast a lot. I don't plan on running any marathons mind you...