Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Aha.

Lately, Jake has been driving me crazy with allegations that he's afraid of his bedroom. In fact, every time I send him to his room, he cries and says he's scared to go in there. A likely story. He would freak out especially hard core when I would shut the door. And his case was made all the more suspect in the last couple of days because when I would send him to his room, he would turn off the light. Now who turns off the light when they are scared?

Well, tonight I decided to sit down have a talk with him about the whole situation instead of telling him to shut it and be a man. So I asked him what exactly was scary in his room, a room full of wonderous toys and all things to make a little boy happy.

So he led me into his room, shut the door and hid behind my legs. And this is what was on his door.


Holy cow! That's the scariest thing I've ever seen!


So Mommy fixed it.

9 comments:

Thompson Family said...

What a good Mom....that is scary!

Thomas bunch said...

I am laughing so hard...what a sweetie!! Good job Mom!

The Matthew Family Est. 2005 said...

You can take the door off and switch it with another one in the house. Maybe if you put it on the scrap room it would deter curious children... unless of course you're chicken

Ryan & Carly said...

Oh I am was laughing so hard I cried. That is really scary!

Ryan & Carly said...

Ok and its late. I am was should go to bed

The Matthew Family Est. 2005 said...

Oh man! Poor Jake! I feel for him, cuz I wig out about stuff just in my head! Wow! That is funny and scarey:)Amazing that he picked it out... Awe! Jakey! You're a good Mom Rach:)

Tracer121 said...

WHHHAAAATTTTT??????? That is crazy scary!!!!! You should put a big ole cross on there! I'm sooo going to make him something on my cricut to cover that up. That was a good catch. I would have told him to suck it up and be a man! LOL

Tracer121 said...

ps - i showed this to daniel and he said he remembers seeing the same things on doors when he was little. we painted ours white.

Jen said...

The last picture of Jake with his "thumbs up" is hillarious. I love it. The things moms are able to fix are amazing. Doesn't it make you feel like a Super?