Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Craft

I was thumbing through a Better Homes and Garden magazine last fall and I stumbled upon a nifty craft idea with pumkins. I was so intrigued that I had to try it. The only problem was, I needed a corer and I didn't own one. Nor could I find one around town. A corer is one of those little gadgets that plunges the center out of an apple and what not. I finally just had to improvise and I ended up painting my pumkins instead.

Last year's effort

This gave me a decent result but I was really disappointed that I couldn't do it right. A few months later I found myself at a Pampered Chef party and right there in the catalog was a CORER. I bought it.

Today I was at the grocery store and I spotted all the pumpkins and the pretty little colorful squashes. I thought about my corer. I had purchased it all those months ago for this very reason. The time is now. I loaded my cart with an assortment of sizes and colors of pumpkins and squashes and brought them home.

And I cored the mess out of 'em.


Then I plugged all the little holes back up.


It was easier than I expected but my palm got really sore from forcing the corer through the skin. They turned out happy though.

I like.

No comments: