Monday, April 19, 2010

Back in Seattle, for a second.

I recently found myself in the Seattle area. My Grandma, who had been ill, passed away on April 1st. Though the circumstances were heart-wrenching, it was wonderful to be surrounded by my family, who I rarely see anymore.


I annoyed everyone by taking constant pictures so Mom gave me a taste of my own medicine.


This is Pops and my baby brother.


My brother John from Maryland. Prior to last year, I hadn't seen him in nearly 10 years. Little brother Josh also lives in Maryland now.


This my younger brother, JR.


On the ferry to Kingston for the funeral.


My oldest brother Paul and his wife met us there.


Mommy and me, looking like we'd shed a tear or two.

It was a quick trip, only four days, but I was kidless and husbandless and I didn't know what to do with myself. So I tried to do as little as possible and treated it like a vacation. I even got upgraded to first class for my flight back home. I'd never flown first class and had no idea what it was like. I still don't, because I slept straight through the whole experience.

1 comment:

J and B said...

It is so weird, my oma passed away on the 1st too. Too bad we missed each other in SEA. I wish you were here this weekend :o(