Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Lone Survivor

I'm an avid reader.

That may be too mild of a description. Voracious might be more apt. I read a lot of books. I read a lot of different genres of books, my favorite being any sort of uber mushy love story. Sigh...

I keep a list of all the books I've read throughout the year (I've just finished my 87th for the year). I also keep a list of all the movies I've seen throughout the year (over 50 so far!). I like lists. Almost as much as I like books.

I recently read one of those mushy love stories which happened to feature a Navy Seal as the hero of the book. I was mentioning to a friend how I thought Navy Seals are like super heroes considering what they are capable of (assuming of course that my fictional book contained any thread of truth about what they do). Anyway, my friend immediately recommended the book, Lone Survivor, which is a true story written by a true Navy Seal about a true mission that he was a part of. Not to give anything away but he ended up being the LONE SURVIVOR of that mission.

And I was right, they really are just like super heroes.



Very highly recommended by me and I know books.

1 comment:

Michelle's Day said...

I'm with you on books and lists!!! I'm a much slower reader, though. I've only made it through about 20 this year so far. Did you go to the library book sale this weekend? All books between $0.25 and $1.50 on Sunday. Another one coming up in May! (don't mean to go off-topic -- I agree that Navy Seals are incredibly heroic!!)