Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Buzzer Beater and Tears of Joy

Because I am an absolute failure as a mother and as a videographer, I completely missed recording the amazing buzzer beating shot that my son made with 4 seconds left in his last basketball game.

I thought I was recording when I wasn’t.  Which, consequently, means I was recording when I thought I wasn’t.  I have some great footage of my lap.  And of the ceiling.  It’s way up there.

With seconds left in the game, Jaycob got the rebound under the opposing team’s basket.  He dribbled down toward his hoop with all the speed of an eight year old who is barely in control of the ball.  As the clock wound down, dad started yelling, “SHOOT IT!”  

So, just past the three point line, with a mere 4 seconds left in the game, Jake chucked a shot.  
(Please see exhibit A for details)

It went in. 

And the crowd goes wild.

Now, they were already winning 26 to 12 but that didn’t stop the Jake from crying tears of joy over his amazing feat!

He was so mad that I missed the video.  But he drew up this detailed image of his accomplishment.

No comments: