Thursday, November 01, 2012

Thankfulness Project - Day 1

For the month of November, I am going to be thankful for something every day.  Well, I’m always thankful for something each day, usually coffee, but this month I’m going to write about something I’m thankful for every day.

In no particular order.

So that means, don’t judge me because I’m not choosing to write about being thankful for Salvation on the first day.  I’m thankful for that every day.  I just don’t happen to have a really cute picture of it and that’s really the driving force of this blog project for me.

Day 1.

I am thankful for my husband.

This guy is a solid rock to lean on when life get’s overwhelming and I get all girly and emotional about something.  He calms me.  Usually after he looks at me exasperated and tells me to stop being a baby.

This guy is always up for an adventure.  He’s the “idea guy” which is why we have a shirt business.  And live in Alaska.  And own a ghetto-fabulous RV named Rory.  And he built a treehouse.  He built part of a treehouse.

He plays with our kids.  He gets down on the floor and plays cars or army guys or Legos or WHATEVER.  All the the things I hate doing (and don’t do because I’m awesome like that).

He lets me buy lots of decorative pillows and throw blankets.  He hates them and complains and throws them at me, but he lets me buy them.  Er, he doesn’t make me return them.

Sometimes, just for funsies, he buys me my favorite crumbly Hostess mini donuts.  Because sometimes that’s what I need in my life.

He likes my wild and crazy naturally curly hair and my toe thumbs.



1 comment:

Cheri-Beri said...

OH MY GOSH! My husband loves my curly hair and my toe thumbs, too. We should never have all four of us in the same room. Our husbands might have a lot of conflicting feelings and emotions. :-)