Friday, June 29, 2007

Other updates

So, the day that Darrin left for fishing, I set in motion a few goals to accomplish before his return. The list includes the following...

- Convince Josh to stop sucking his thumb. I started putting a sock over his hand when I put him to bed. The first night was rough. He cried for a really long time. But ever since then he has fallen asleep without trouble. He manages to get the sock off every once in a while but I hadn't caught him sucking his thumb again until today. We were out running errands during nap time and he stayed awake with his thumb in his mouth the whole time.

- Potty train Jordan. I cannot believe how well this is going. I have started and quit this process several times up to this point. But I went all out starting last Monday. I simply took away the diapers and put her in underwear. The first day was a soggy one but I started rinsing her rear with cold water every time she had an accident. The next day she was flawless EXCEPT for the time she decided to follow Jake while HE went potty. He told her to sit down on her potty and she did. She actually peed on her potty but she still had her pants up! Today during our morning of errands I actually took her out in public for two hours without a diaper. We had zero accidents! It's all very exciting.

- Start Jake on his "Learn to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" book. We just finished day 5 and he absolutely loves it! Every day while Josh and Jordan are napping we have our "learning" time. Not only is he learning the reading part but he is writing as well. He is so eager and excited. I hope he always feels that way about learning.

- 5k. I have started myself on a 5k running program. I haven't done much physical activity since quit dancing while I was pregnant with Jake over four years ago. I've decided it's time to get things back in order. I've been running every other day and doing pilates in between. I'm incredibly sore but I'm already noticing a lot of results (like not almost blacking out during a jog). I hope to run a 5k race next summer.

So that's what has been going on while Darrin is out fishing. Hopefully things will continue to progress as well has they have been this past week.

1 comment:

Thompson Family said...

Oh, Oh - I'll run with you! Honestly, I'm enjoying running which I never thought I would be able to say. My next 5K is Wednesday!