Saturday, April 19, 2008

I DID IT!

Today I ran my third 5k. I'd been training hard and had high hopes for a new personal record. When we arrived at the start line we took a walk down the trail and our hopes were diminished as we beheld the surface of ice and snow we would be running on. Oh well.

I guess training really helps though, because despite the road conditions, I managed to blow my previous personal record out of the water by completing the race in 27 minutes and 30 seconds. That is a little over TWO WHOLE MINUTES faster.

So that was cool.


Here we are right before the race.
Corrie, Rachelle, Jordan and April.


The throng.


Off we go!


Here I come, fast as the wind!


Ah, good race!

4 comments:

J and B said...

Congratulations on your race. I'd be stoked if I could walk a mile and not get winded :o) I'm trying out that ELF stuff, the deal was too good to pass. My M.A.C. brushes are too expensive of a habit to keep up!

Thomas bunch said...

Congratulations:)

The Matthew Family Est. 2005 said...

Good job Rach!:)

Raychel said...

Congrats Rachelle. I know you work hard!