Sunday, June 15, 2008

Another Round of Camping

We are trying to squeeze in all the camping we possibly can before Darrin leaves for commercial fishing. This was our second weekend in a row and I fear that I may smell of campfire permanently. This round we took things down a notch from extreme four wheeling adventure, to quiet campsite on the lake and some canoing. We also took Joshy along and I think he was happy to be included. Grandma also came with us and as always, helped with the kids which helped me relax. I'm beginning to think she's my prozac. She keeps me happy in situations where I'm likely to lose it.


This is Joshy saying, "Go ahead, make fun of the fat guy in the little coat. Just know that I'm actually smarter than all of you and when you finally realize it, I'm going to laugh really hard."


This was the boy canoe. Joshy freaked out and tried to jump overboard. All the girls were screaming from the girl canoe and Darrin finally had to grab him from the middle of the boat and pin him between his knees. Josh spent the rest of the outing sucking his thumb.


My crewman. She helped paddle and when she got tired of the oar, she hung over the side and used her hand.


The girl canoe.


"Mommy, can I ride the canoe by myself?"
I turned to daddy and we both realized that we were completely okay with him doing that. And so he did. Darrin went out with him in the other canoe and coached him in all the ways of paddling. Jakey also learned to cast a fishing line. Got ourselves a little Alaskan here.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I adore Joshy in his life jacket. what a fun thing to do with your kids. My husband bought our kids fishing poles for Christmas last year and now they love to cast. It is their favorite activity when we are outside.

Anonymous said...

I cried when I saw the pic of Jake in the boat by himself...

He's getting so big.

And I'm missing all of it.

:(

Love you guys.