Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Gymnastics Classes

Wow. I'm such a liar. I totally forgot to bring my camera to the kids' first gymnastics class last night. I'm really losing my touch. Here's the breakdown in words instead of pictures.

Jaycob was in an all boys class ages 4 to 11. There were 9 kids in his class. They did some tumbling and stretching and trampolining. He told me had had fun but "I don't like it when they teach me stuff." Just like in wrestling, Jake just wants to run around and do his own thing rather than be told what to do and then have to wait his turn to do it. School is going to be an adventure for sure. He also has this thing where he won't obey anyone who isn't mom or dad. Unless we are standing there saying "be quiet!" or "obey your coach!" he just won't listen to them. It's frustrating and we aren't quite sure how to deal with it yet.

Jordy Bug is the exact opposite of her brother. This was her first structured class activity and I kept getting teary eyed watching her in her class. Probably with all the worry and frustration over Jake, it was such a blessing to watch Jordan never take her eyes off her teacher. She payed close attention and did her best at everything that was asked of her (except dropping into the foam pit from the high bar but only one kid in her class was willing to do that) she was such a good little student and I was so proud of her. She is in a three year old class with both boys and girls and there are about 6 or 7 kids in her group.

It will be interesting to see how subsequent weeks pan out. Maybe I just shouldn't watch Jake's classes.

No comments: