Saturday, September 25, 2010

Doobie's Very Own Birthday Party


On Friday morning I threw together a little birthday party for Joshy. All the big kids were in school so we had a few friends over to play and eat lunch. He was very excited to have his very own birthday party for the very first time instead of sharing with his big brother.

Parties at the house with small kids is SO much easier to plan than an extravaganza designed to entertain rambunctious older children (that's coming up soon for Jake's birthday). I thoroughly enjoyed putting this little shindig together.


Rather than doing a theme (which I really kinda hate) I did a color scheme. This made everything so simple and fun. Royal blue, canary yellow and lime green were the colors of the day. I even dressed Joshy and myself accordingly.

All the food was color coordinated, including the mini candy bar with assorted colorful candy's, green frosted cupcakes and cookies, easy to serve uncrustables and juice packs and of course, fruit snacks.


Green gift bags with custom tags for each guest.


Tissue paper puff balls made in minutes by yours truely. Yes, I am awesome, thanks for noticing.


Doobie received fun gifts from his friends including Star Wars toys, cars and trucks and transformers. It was a super day!



No comments: