Thursday, October 14, 2010

All About Doobie

I'm finally getting around to posting Joshy's "all about Doobie" post. Now that he is four, FOUR, this is what he's up to.

It's just Josh and me at home now that Jordy's in school and Josh and I are pals. Every time the kids and Daddy leave for school we turn to each other and yell, "It's Mommy and Doobie day!" Then we dance and smooch.

For breakfast Doobie likes 2 Eggo waffles with syrup (pronounced sherp), or cereal wis milk. His favorite cereals include Chocolate Balls (cocoa puffs) or Frosted Milliweeds (mini wheats). I will call them milliweeds forever and so will he if I have anything to say about it.

He can write his name (with a backwards J), and he loves to color. He is the best four year old colorer on the planet. No, it's true.

Unfortunately for me, he's getting obsessed with Star Wars by association. If I can't sufficiently distract him during the day with other activities, I end up playing Star Wars. EVERY DAY.

He has a toy GloWorm that he calls, Baby Named Jesus. That's it's name. Baby named Jesus. "Mom, can you help me find my baby that is Baby Named Jesus?"

Finally, FINALLY Doobie is potty trained. It was the most horrible time of our lives. Poo everywhere. But we've finally come out the other side (PUN!) and now there are no more diapers in our house. WOOT!

Doobie is an awesome shopping partner because he never complains. He just rides in the cart and carries on hilarious conversation. Usually with me, but sometimes with his zipper.

He recently told me that he likes to crunch his boogers.

He loves water, cabbage salad, seafood and broccoli. He'd be the healthiest kid ever if I'd stop feeding him McDonald's cheeseburgers three times a week.

Doobie loves to watch Scooby Doo, Dora the Explorer and any cartoon movie that is really long. Which, incidentally, works out great for me on those days when I want to sit around and read or do nothing. I mean clean my house...yeah, that's what I mean.

He is my most snuggly, cuddly, affectionate baby and I adore his hugs and smooches. I hope he never grows out of it like his older brother did.

No comments: