Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Little Bit of Fall

If you know me, you know I love to decorate. Scratch that. I love to REdecorate. Which is exactly why decorating for every single season appeals to me, I have to undo and redo every couple of months. Here a some of my recent fall touches.

This is a topiary that I made. I was inspired by my favorite "scralebrity" when she made a similar topiary using lemons and limes for spring. I desperately (dramatic much?) wanted to copy it but couldn't find the right materials. Spring and summer came and went and when fall hit, I found little pumpkins and the dream was reborn.



I started with mini pumpkins and stuff "filler," a styrofoam ball and a $2 candle holder I found at Value Village.


Commence the hot glueing.


It took a long time. A couple of weeks actually to finish it. I had to go back to the store TWICE for more pumpkins because I severely underestimated the amount needed. It turned out pretty happy in the end though.



My dining room table.


The bathroom.


I just love this plastic pumpkin. I don't know why. I just do.


The living room. I love my $10 red star from Fred Meyer garden section!

3 comments:

Jen said...

That turned out BEAUTIFUL! I want one.

bizandsteve said...

Love the decorating. We don't have the same Thanksgiving here in Seoul so there are no fall decorations out. Some places already have Christmas trees!

Michelle's Day said...

You're so creative and talented! I LOVE LOVE LOVE fall and pumpkins and Value Village :-)