Saturday, December 04, 2010

God of Wonders



Today's #reverb10 prompt is about WONDER. How did I cultivate a sense of wonder in my life this year?

Okay, honestly? I don't think I'm capable of cultivating wonder. I'm barely capable of cultivating a shower in the morning. Fortunately for me, I don't have to cultivate wonder in order to have it in my life. It's just there. My kids cause it. The scenery where I live causes it. My relationship with my husband causes it. I wonder constantly at all the blessing in my life. This time of year I'm struck especially dumb with wonder with all the magic of Christmas around me. Not only the lights, glitter, decor and gifts, but the amazing wonder that God would love me so much that he would send his only son to this world to save ME. Little old me? I am humbled by that. It is a wondrous thing, that depth of love.

"God of Wonders beyond our galaxy, you are holy, holy."

No comments: