Thursday, December 02, 2010

Writing

Day 2 of #Reverb10 is about writing. Specifically, what gets in the way of my writing and can I eliminate it?

I'll tell you what gets in the way, THREE KIDS. And since I obviously can't (or won't) eliminate them, I guess my writing time is just going to have to suffer. Reading also gets in the way but I prefer reading to writing so I'm not going to eliminate that either. Housework, errands, chores, I wish I could eliminate them all, really, but then my husband would give me that look.

I'm writing a book. I have two pages written and I've been working on it for several months. It's not life that gets in the way of my writing, it's myself. I don't know how to write a book. The story, characters, settings, plot, conflict, etc..., they are all in my head, highly developed, but I can't seem to write them down. Someone might see it. Ah, the irony.

No comments: