Sunday, April 24, 2011

Staycation Day 2

If you have not first read Staycation Day 1, you ought to do so before proceeding on here...

After our night in the hotel, where the boys shared a pull out couch with minimal power struggles, and Jordan slept in a makeshift couch cushion bed on the floor (with daddy’s hooded sweatshirt as a blanket), we awoke to our complimentary breakfast and a fire drill.

Then we went swimming again of course. And finally, after countless hours in that swimming pool room, Doobie actually discovered the joys of swimming, trusting his floaties and having fun in the pool. Then we had to leave. Check out time was at noon.

What better way to extend our fun then to take lunch at Hell on Earth.

Chuck E Cheese.




According to scientific polls, Chuck E Cheese actually has THE worst pizza in America. I believe it to be true. I had the salad bar. Not that it’s a better option because you really have to not think about the dozens of children who have walked by before you and dipped their feet in the ranch dressing. I’m sure it’s happened. I’m sure worse has happened actually. But I ate the salad and thought about puppies and rainbows the whole time.







We arrived home in the afternoon and our house was only 59 degrees. That’s because our heat never turns off, even when we turn it off and we tend to reach 80 degrees in very short order unless we shut down the furnace completely at the switch. Which is what we did before we left. It was either that or arrive home to a house that was 100 degrees. It warms up much faster than it cools down. We evidently have EXCELLENT insulation.

Anyway, our staycation was amazing and wonderful and the kids were so adorable and fun. Now we must prepare for Easter!


Peace out.

2 comments:

Raychel said...

I loved reading both! Such a fun way for the kids to get to have a vacation but without breaking the bank! I have a feeling we will have MANY of those in store for us now that the family is getting bigger and EVERYTHING is getting more expensive.

Please give the kids all a big hug for me. I miss them so so so so much. Such little cuties they are.

Cheri-Beri said...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks Chuck E. Cheese is hell on earth. I hate that place.

On a funny note - when we moved down here, CEC was the first place we had to go. I couldn't believe I could sit in a CEC and not end up with a respiratory infection. I do not know what kind of funk gets passed through the air system at CEC Anchorage, but I think it's chemical warfare.