Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Be Still My Galloping Heart

This evening, my baby girl had her very first horseback riding lesson. She (and I) had no idea what to expect really because by the time I started taking lessons, I had already been riding for years. When we arrived at the barn (Eaton Equestrian Center), Jordan’s instructor had her participate in getting her pony ready from start to finish, which I absolute love that she did. Jordan curried, brushed, hoof picked and tacked up Sabastian before she ever got on him.







 
She even had to strap on the splint boots!

 
Off we go to the arena!

A final tighten on the girth before we mount.



And we are up!

For some reason, this is where I started to choke up a little.  She was really nervous about letting go of the saddle and doing “arm exercises” to help learn balance.  After a few minutes, she was riding all around with NO HANDS.  It got me, I don’t know why.

Working on keeping those heels down is really hard.

And the heels are back up but her back is nice and straight!

A hug and pat pat for Sabastian for being such a good boy.

See you next week Sabastian!

No comments: