Monday, August 22, 2011

The Big Day.



I feel like the first day of school snuck up on me this year. Maybe because I wasn’t focused on preparing a new kindergartener, but I just wasn’t anticipating/dreading it so much this year, and as a result, I found I wasn’t completely prepared this morning.

No coats.

Okay, I have big bulky winter jackets ready to go, but in today’s soft, cool drizzle, a parka was overkill. But the short sleeves they were both wearing probably wasn’t a good option for recess. So I dug out a couple of nasty old light weight coats and put them on while I donned a load of guilt on myself for not sending them to school on the first day with nice new play coats.

Dumb, I know. Not just for forgetting but for making a big dumb deal about it now. Whatever. Mom’s care about this stuff.

When we arrived at the school, Hubby was there in the gym waiting for us and we found our teachers quickly. Jordan has Mrs. Wetzler, whom Jake had last year and we love and Jaycob has Mr. Szepanski who happens to be Jake’s best friend’s dad.

Jake ditched us pretty quickly to find his friends but I hung with Jordan while she had a mini breakdown. Overwhelmed I think, with all that curly hair.


Jake and his best buddies


Jordan and her teacher, Mrs. Wetzler.


Jordy at her desk.


Jaycob at his desk way in the back corner.

Have a wonderful day babies!

OH CRUD! I forgot to put love notes in their lunches!

No comments: