Wednesday, October 05, 2011

OK to AK

 Back before all the birthday madness...

A few weeks ago, Hubby’s sister, who we haven’t seen in a couple of years now, managed to bring her two babies up to Alaska for a visit.  A huge thank you to her mom who flew down to Oklahoma one day and turned around and flew them all to Alaska the next day.  And then did it again two weeks later.
 The boys had a blast playing with their little cousin Rowynn and teaching him new things.  Like climbing stairs, and driving Jeeps.

 Sometimes they overwhelmed him though.  I think he’s more used to the quiet life.  My crazy kids love to get all up in everyone’s business.
 It wasn’t easy, but I managed to get this one close up image of Rowynn before he ran off to do something else.  Out of about seven attempts, this is the only one that wasn’t blurry!  Speedy little toddler.
We squeezed a photo session in while they were here and we were able to take advantage of the awesomeness that is Fall in Alaska.  Shut up right?  How beautiful is this place?

Rowynn really doesn’t have time for pictures though.  He only had about two weeks to explore Alaska and sitting down for photos was not on his calendar.  But we love how these funny shots turned out.  “Hey dude, where ya going?"



Baby Brennyn likes photos though.


Best family photo ever.

After pictures, we played with the ducks.

While Raychel and the kids were in town.  Her mom (also Hubby’s mom) got married!  That’s right, we had a wedding to attend.  Diana asked Raychel and I to do what we could to decorate her fiance’s living room for the ceremony.  Raychel and I selected all the flowers and created an arrangement.  The first attempt was not good.  The second attempt was better, but then I called in some reinforcements (my very amazingly crafty friend) who tweaked everything into perfection.

Jordan was the flower girl and the boys were both ring bearers.

Our family, all dolled up.


The new extended family!

Rowynn and Uncle Darrin out for a stroll to the car after the wedding.




And this is what I did The. Whole. Time Raych and the kids were in town.  I held babies.

I cuddled babies.

I talked to babies.

And I snuggled babies.

Thanks for the baby fix, Raych!  

2 comments:

Raychel said...

Love, love, love it!! I think I had a HUGE cheesy grin on my face the whole time I read this. I miss you guys and I'm glad my babies got a chance to be spoiled by their aunt Rachelle for a couple of weeks.

Thompson Family said...

Looks like you're pretty awesome at cuddling/talking to/holding babies. Want to come visit New York in a few months??? :-)