Thursday, October 20, 2011

 When Jordy was a baby, she was bald.  And she stayed bald for a really long time.  She didn’t get her first whale spout top pony tail until she was 2 years old.  First hair trim at 4 years old.  Now she’s six and her hair has made up for it’s deficiency by growing long and fast.
 A couple of months ago, during a particularly troublesome comb out session, I threatened to cut all her hair off.  She screamed “NO!” and ran away.  Then I told her I would never cut her hair EVER even if she asked me to.  Which of course made her start asking me repeatedly.  Reverse psychology, people.  It works every time.  On a six year old.

 So I finally cut it off.
 And we love it!
This was the first go-round.  I had to wash, trim and dry her hair four times before I was satisfied. She was so over it by the time I finally finished.

This all occurred while Dad was not home.  So when he came home and saw her cut off ponytail sitting on the counter, I was surprised to discover he was a little sad about it.  I told him it was because he’d never had to comb syrup out of her hair.

No comments: