Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Decorating

I LERV Christmas time.  I love decorating for Christmas because it gives me a great excuse to change the look of my whole house, just like I want to do just about every five minutes.

 Above left you will find my DIY dining table center piece.  I crystal vase I had in a cupboard, filled with those cinnamon pinecones that you can buy for $5 a bag, and then I stuck some berry branches in it.  They were normally 59 cents each at Michael’s Craft Store, but I scored them 60% off because I’m amazing.

Next to that you will see my DIY red berry trees that I made two years ago by sticking red berries into styrofoam tree forms.  There is supposed to be three but the third one is still not finished...from two years ago.

And on the far right we have my giant ornament collection from Costco perched precariously upon assorted candle holders that I collected over time from thrift stores and then spray painted.  My husband hates them because he likes spontaneous pillow fights and he knows he’s going to break one.

My son wanted to pose next to this silk poinsettia plant.  Under that we have my new black and white curtains from Fred Meyer decorated with garland and wooden beads.

 Top left, more wooden beads draped through my chandelier and accented with glittery green snowflake ornaments from Walmart.  Under that, these three candles have been sitting in this spot since the day I moved in.  Holders and candles from Walmart, I added the green ornaments.  My fireplace vignette includes a vase dressed with the same red berry branches as the dining table as well as a glass container filled with leftover green ornaments from the tree.  During the fall a giant pumpkin holds that spot.  Handmade stockings were a gift from my friend Lucy of LUMA Threads.  The lens cap is not supposed to be there....

 My tree.  It’s standing on top of my coffee table in the peak of our pointed ceiling.  I had nowhere else to put the table so, it was a happy accident.

 My newly arranged living room (on a diagonal because I’m weird like that) with my hidden office area behind the couch.

 The view from my office.  Pay no attention to the lettered wooden blocks, they don’t spell anything on this side and it drives my 2nd grade son CRAZY.

 My Doobie really got in the mood for photos today.

 Another view of the couch/office situation.

Obviously Christmas has hit the Powers’ house in a mighty way.  I don’t think I’m done yet though...


1 comment:

Raychel said...

Love the lamps ;)