Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thinking About...



My Grandpa.

He passed away on this date in 2004 from complications brought on by Alzeimer’s disease.  During the last couple of years of his life, when things became really bad, when he couldn’t remember anyone or anything, my grandma told me that he still could and did sit in his favorite chair and recite scripture.

The Spirit of the Lord, once received, never leaves you.

At Grandpa’s funeral, my most vivid memories are of person after person standing and sharing about how my grandpa had been the one to lead them to the Lord.  About how he witnessed and counseled and prayed for anyone he could get his hands on.

What a legacy to leave behind.

I have heard stories that he hadn’t always lived his life that way.  That he most definitely carried around some regrets from his younger years.  But such is the power of Redeeming Love.  He was made new by the power of Holy Spirit and everything old was washed away.

I know that, as he came before his Lord on this day five years ago, he heard, “well done, my good and faithful servant."

Today I’m thankful for grace and mercy and the forgiveness of sins!




1 comment:

Cheri-Beri said...

Beautiful! I love this post :-)