Sunday, February 17, 2008

Daddy's Home!

Darrin is finally home after leaving for an out of town basketball tournament on Wednesday. He said the drive was pretty treacherous, especially through the pass into and out of Valdez. The blizzard really didn't help either...

The kids were pinging off the walls from excitement to have him home. It is a nice conclusion to rather rough day. A late start getting to church (because I have to get four people ready all by myself) turned into a really late arrival back home afterwards. That's because I had a flat tire. I wasn't about to crawl under the car in a snow flurry with three frozen babies waiting on me, so I drove to the nearest TWO gas stations, both of which had broken air service. So I drove to Sears Auto (only five miles...) and they fixed it in about an hour. In the mean time, Grandma and I shuttled all three of them and the both of us down the road in our tiny Jeep Wrangler to have lunch.

By the time we made it home (at 2:30pm) Jordan and Josh were spent. They both fell apart as we unloaded and got ready for a nap. Jake and I spent the rest of the afternoon playing Go Fish and waiting for Daddy to come home.

He's home safe now and we pigged out on some chips and salsa.


1 comment:

The Matthew Family Est. 2005 said...

Next time call us! What are sibblings for! If Patches read this he would be insulted that you didn't call him:) I will make sure he does:) ha ha ha. Love you!