Thursday, February 07, 2008

Shameless Self-Promotion!

Some of you may have heard that my editor at Peekaboo Picks, Megan, recently gave me my own column devoted to all things crafty. This new venture has really had some fun and exciting side affects and it has been so much fun for me so far. It has really caused me to live far more "left-brained" than I've done in the past. I'm usually quite annalytical and task oriented with varying degrees of artistic tendency (do you like my self-diagnosis?). Anyway, lately my whole perspective has been changing and I'm seeing art everywhere. I think this process was occuring anyway what with all my scrapbooking, card making and photography, but this new venture has really given me a push.

Having just turned 30 a few months ago, I'm excited about reinventing myself in so many new ways. Not just artistically, but healthwise (running) and even parenting. Family craft time is messy and tons of fun!

In honor of all this, I have created a mantra for myself, or slogan if you will.

"Live For Today, Create for Tomorrow."

What this means to me is this...Enjoy the now, my kids, my husband, my life and everything that goes along with it. Things change rapidly and I need to cherish each second. The Creat for Tomorrow portion simply refers to my scrapbooks and the keepsakes that I create to pass on to my children. I want them to be able to look back over these albums and things and know that I cherished each step of their lives. Perhaps they will become family heirlooms, passed on down through generations where their kids, grandkids and so on can look through and know them, and us. Or maybe not.

Okay, so I just read back through this post and offically diagnosed myself as an over-emotional cheeseball.

Either way, follow my "She's Crafty" column here!


Alrighty, I'm done. And I'm thirsty!

1 comment:

The Matthew Family Est. 2005 said...

Very creative picture! Like from "Good Eats"...

The Jakey Party, How did you do it?