Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Class of 2023



This past Tuesday, Jordy graduated from Kindergarten.

The entire kindergarten department put on a little concert/show/ceremony thing for the families. Jordan was a “wiggle worm” and she sang a wiggle worm song. SHE HATED HER COSTUME. She had been telling me for days that she was embarrassed about her costume and was afraid that everyone would laugh at her.

Her fear was justified. She was the most hilarious Wiggle Worm I ever saw.



See?

When I first arrived to the school, her class was lined up near the office for a potty break. They were already in costume and Jordy burst into tears the moment she saw me. I somehow managed not to crack up when I saw her, instead telling her how cute and wonderful she looked and how excited I was to see her show.

A while later, I was sitting with Hubby in the audience waiting for the show to start. I could see her lined up just outside the doors and leaned over to whisper to Darrin not to laugh when he saw her because she would cry and she’d never recover. He peered over at the door, caught a glimpse and barely managed to stifle his laughter as they walked in.

We grinned at her and waved. She relaxed and the show went fine. PHEW!!!

After the “show” portion ended, the class donned their caps and gowns to receive their little diplomas.

Shut up with all the cuteness.





Afterwards, Jordan had the opportunity to have lunch with JUST Mommy and Daddy and we let her pick any place she wanted.

She picked Costco.

1 comment:

bizandsteve said...

Congratulations on the graduation! I would have picked Costco too!