Thursday, July 12, 2012

Washington Adventures

For some reason I thought it would be awesome to fly to Washington at 5am.  Which means we got to the airport at 3:30am... Joshy’s hair was super excited.


Peepaw bought a new guitar and he let the kids strum on an old one.  Jordy was into it.  My kids call my dad Peepaw, which is what Jake started calling him when he was a baby who couldn’t pronounce the word “Grandpa.”  It stuck because it was hilarious.  It is pronounced like “grandpa” with the emphasis on the “paw” part of the word.  Well, Jordy, for some reason started pronouncing it, “PEEpuh,” With the emphasis on the first part of the word and lazily dropping off the last part.  “This is my Peepuh’s guitar.  

I did several photo sessions with Washinton peeps while I was in town.  Here I am in Cottage Lake with my friends Kelly and Karly and Marie.  It was raining a little and we just sat it in it cause, whatever.

Kelly brought her rescue dog that she brought from California where she discovered her roaming the Mexican boarder all alone.  

Kelly snapped this picture of me waiting patiently for Gracen to be ready for her photo session.  She was busy throwing the mother of all tantrums.

I think we might have had one and a half sunny days while we were in town (out of 11) and don’t you know we got this pool out.  My parents bought this pool when Jake was only two years old.  It has lasted for years and still looks brand new.  I should take care of things that well.

One of our favorite parks is Lake Tye.  Huge playground, fabulous lake walk and rocks to throw.  Jake learned how to skip rocks this day!


I can’t remember where we coming home from but the boys crashed hard in the car.  Car rides are long in Washington!

We brought a crap load of technology with us.

We visited my friend Jessica and her sweet little daughter Sloane.  

We made S’more’s over the barbecue.

We played in the rain.  A lot.

The day we left, it was gorgeous.  Pre-flight dinner, hotdogs roasted with extra long sticks over the barbecue.

My parents survived the chaos of the Powers Clan for nearly two weeks!  I had a great time with mom shopping for treasures at Hobby Lobby, Home Goods (which was a huge disappointment by the way), antique stores and thrift stores.  I brought most of it home with me but some of it had to be shipped and I’m anxiously waiting for it to arrive.  I’m already a planning a blog post about all my treasures.  EEEEE!

2 comments:

Cheri-Beri said...

We have a Home Goods here. It always has been and always will be a huge disappointment.

Cheri-Beri said...

We have Home Goods here. It always has been and always will be a huge disappointment.