Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Crafty and Christmasy

Today started bright and early. I actually got us all out of the house before 10am. It was barely light out, 20 degrees and icy.

Errands were accomplished and we visited Darrin's PE class(es) for a while.

This afternoon the kids and I made glittery wreaths. They are kits that I picked up at the craft store for $1 a piece. Not a bad way to kill a half hour in the afternoon. Everyone was super pumped to hang their wreath on their own bedroom door. Everyone except Jake. He was concerned about the hole in the door made by the thumbtack. In fact, he won't stop worrying about it.


Jordy is an abstract artist.



Josh couldn't figure out which side was sticky. He decorated his shirt most of the time.



Jake is very meticulous. He kept changing his mind and resticking things until they barely stuck anymore.



A close up of Jordy showing us how it's done.



Doobie's masterpiece.



Jake's masterpiece. See the pattern? He's very into patterns right now.


Jordy's masterpiece.

3 comments:

J and B said...

What a neat idea! hmmm. I wonder if Ben would make one I brought it home? haha

Anonymous said...

*Sigh* I remember when my kids did cute little crafts like that :-) I think their wreaths turned out very cute.

OH, and could you please stop talking about how cold and dark it is? I get it on here, on Facebook, ya know, everywhere you are. It's not making me look forward to my trip up there the first week of January. Tracy told me it wouldn't be THAT bad. Has she suffered a blow to the head recently??

Have a great afternoon!!!

P.S. The little word verification I have to type in to get this comment on your blog is "feces." I kid you not.

Raychel said...

What a fun idea! Which craft store? Maybe I can still buy some and do some myself. The kids all did such a great job!