Sunday, December 21, 2008

What a Week.


It's been a rough one. Not only has Darrin been out of town with the basketball team in Florida (they got 2nd in their tournament by the way) but my car broke down the day after he left. That meant three rowdy kids and I were stranded at the house for a week and we couldn't even go outside to play because it never got warmer than 15 degrees.

Yesterday I realized we were running out of milk and diapers. I started to devise an elaborate scheme that involved girlfriends, borrowed cars and babysitters but Darrin interupted my plans by sending help in the form of some manly friends. There is a whole elaborate story regarding their help with starting my car but you have to click here to read it.

Also yesterday, the kids and I finally got around to decorating those darn gingerbread houses. It takes a really long time to assemble and ice one gingerbread house before the kids can start decorating it with candy. It would then obviously take twice as long to assemble and ice TWO of them. Needless to say, I was pretty over the whole thing by the time the kids even got started. But I did remember to snap a couple of pictures.

Later while the kids were sitting at the table waiting for their dinner Jordy was having a hard time resisting the "cookie house" sitting right in front of her.

"Can I eat it?"
"No, it's not for eating. It's just for looking at."
Then she leaned toward it, obvious strain on her face and her eyes wide, "Can I lick it? PLEASE?"


I'm loving how creatively precise Jake is these days.


Jordy, not so much. She's a very free spirit.


Jake about to sneeze.


Josh got to decorate Jordy's trees.

3 comments:

J and B said...

The houses turned out so cute! I was house bound for about 3 days. Ben finally took me to my parents when the power went out here. It was so nice to get out!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry things have been so crappy since your hubby left. UGH! He probably feels just as bad as you do. We've had non-stop snow for the past few days and I've taken to wearing two pairs of socks. Brrrrrrrrrrrr! But it'll get me back in the "freeze your can off" mode for the trip to Alaska in a couple of weeks. I hope Darrin can get home on time!

Raychel said...

First off, GO LIONS!! Second, the houses look so darn cute.. I think you may have the next big artist on your hands. I love Joshy's little trees.. do he get to graduate to a whole house next year?! Third, I hope Darrin gets home to rescue you soon! I know you must be in some serious need of alone/friend time!! Mom should have left you her car for while she was gone.