Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.


Darrin has been trying to shame me into taking the kids outside to play for a couple of weeks now. I despise playing outside in the snow and I will find any means possible to avoid it. But the guilt trip was working (along with the cabin fever) and finally it was such a beautiful day that I couldn't put it off any longer.



And so we played. We went sledding on the three foot embankment at the back of our yard. We hung out in the snow fort. Somehow, Jordy found a stick, even with her mittens on. We went in the front yard and wandered down the street to the huge snow pile in the middle of the circle. We played for two hours. The kids were exhausted and quiet for the rest of the afternoon.

She never lets me down.



Joshy was sad because he couldn't get himself up the snow hill. Too little.




Sliding down on bellies.



Pretty blue sky and little white airplane.




It was a good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so great!!! Poor little Joshy . . . .

We didn't do tons of "snow stuff" when we lived up there. The kids just weren't into it. NOW my son will tell me how much he misses the snow in Alaska. I tell him to shut up (in a comical way) because he never wanted much to do with the snow when we lived there. And I remind him of how much he misses the snow when he can skateboard here in February!

Michelle's Day said...

What a great mom!! I never take my kids outside. If they beg me, I let them go out by themselves. But I never go out with them. NICE pictures!

Raychel said...

Such photogenic kids. They are all so beautiful. I'm sure they enjoyed some outside time. It's always nice to stretch the legs! It feels like winter is never going to end I bet.