Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Love Day!



We normally don't celebrate Valentine's Day. Instead, we choose to love each other every day.

Yeah.



So I decided that I was going to be awesome and make a lovely Valentine's Day breakfast for my family, complete with heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes and pink strawberry milk. My pancakes did not turn out heart shaped and I completely forgot the strawberry milk until everyone was pretty much done eating.





The kids then spent the afternoon with Grandma doing their usual mysterious Saturday fun stuff. Darrin spent the afternoon at the shooting range with his basketball boys and I spent the day scrapbooking down at the LSS (local scrapbook store) with my girl, Tracy.

I came home to flowers, two homemade pizzas and a clean kitchen. Darrin said he spent three hours making these. He did good.

5 comments:

J and B said...

That is so sweet! I got flowers, Frans' salted caramels. We spent the day with our friends hanging around the city taking pictures. B even sprung for Pizza Hut. I can't complain!

Michelle's Day said...

Wow, Rachelle! What a nice day :-)

Raychel said...

What a great day! I didn't know darrin had the cooking bug in him. How sweet is he?! I'm glad you had such a great day.

The Matthew Family Est. 2005 said...

Wow Rach! Cool breakfast idea! I'm gonna have to adopt that:) So cute:) And what a sweet Hubby:) I know Darrin can cook, but still, impressive:)

The Matthew Family Est. 2005 said...

What the heck, ive been trying to send the same comment. dont know if its working. It was a sweet message, but Im tired of retyping it, so. I'm steeling your Vday breakfast idea, and I know Darrin can cook, but still, impressive, pizzas wow:)