Monday, May 25, 2009

In Rememberance of W7NMR

Today is Memorial Day. I know to many it simply means a day off work and a chance to go camping. It is so much more than that though. To all those who have given their lives for our country, this day is a day that we honor them. To all those who sacrificed time with family to serve to preserve our freedom, thank you. To all those who presently risk their lives to maintain our American way of life, there are simply no words to express the gratitude I personally feel towards you and your families.

Today I'm thinking of my Grandpa Stewart. He served in WWII as a company commander in the Signal Corps. He was deployed to China, Burma and India between 1943 and 1945. He passed away in 2004 and I miss him so much. He was a great spiritual influence in my life. I'm grateful that he served his country and I'm thankful for all his abundant wisdom. I'm blessed to know that he is now hanging out in heaven and chatting it up with Jesus!


Grandpa, Pops and Baby Jake in 2004


William G. Stewart (on the left)


"W7NMR"

1 comment:

J and B said...

I love the old military pictures! My grandpa was in the Navy during WWII and fought in Korea too. He passed in 2001, I miss him too.