Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Little Miss Crafties

My sweet Mommy flew back to Alaska with me because who can bear the thought of me flying with three children alone? As always when Mom comes to town, we invest in some sort of crafty project. The last time she was here we built my craft room (before that she helped us put together our new house by painting nearly every single room). She's the bestest ever.

THIS time we waited until the very last day (though we did a lot of yard work the other days) and we re-covered my old, yucky, stained pillows. (KIDS!) AND she helped me get started on putting up all my new Uppercase Living Stickers.


This is some of my pillow fabric that we bought (on sale!) at Joann's.


Mommy is a master sewer. Wait, that doesn't sound right...


Anyway, she sewed these cute pillows. I heart them!

Uppercase Living is a company that designs and sells home decor "stickers" that adhere to just about anything. I recently cohosted a party and earned some rewards...and bought some stickers...

This "CREATE" is one that I designed myself for my craft room. All you have to do is pick your font, color and size and they create it for you. It's perfecto!


This is a couple of the predesigned options. I picked the colors and size. I opted to mount them on canvas so I could move them around if I decided to change things around (like I always do). They live in Joshy's room now.

Joshy really likes them.


I've had this old milk can thingy forever and I decided to give it a face lift with a monogram. I regret the bright white and wish I would have picked a more muted color now. Fortunately the stickers peel right off so I can replace it easily if I get to another party.


I bought a bunch of vine designs for my bedroom. Since Darrin doesn't like things hanging over the bed that could fall on him, I got some stickers instead. They are HUGE. I haven't gotten the gumption to apply them yet. I also got some smaller versions to put on our big, plain lampshades. I must say, I am very pleased with how they turned out!


YAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the correct term is "master seamstress." Otherwise it looks like she's the master of where all the dirty water goes.

Your lampshade is cute. At first I thought you were applying it to cardboard until you explained :-)

Ryan & Carly said...

Ok I just got through catching up on your blog. Sound like you have has a blast and you looks so hot in all your pics!!! Doing any running??? :)

J and B said...

Great crafty projects! I've been so busy in the yard I haven't done anything in the house. I found a great quilt for the bedroom at TJ Maxx. I love that place.