Monday, August 02, 2010

Arctic Thunder Airshow


Um, wow.

I've never attended an airshow before. Now I wish I could go every day. Sometimes in life you just stumble upon something that just impresses the heck out of you. F-22s do that to me. I could watch and listen to them all day. I know my mother-in-law agrees with me since she went two days in a row.

Are you ready for photo overload? I took a few hundred pictures but I narrowed it down a little bit for you. It wasn't easy.


When we first arrived, we picked a spot to camp out then went exploring through all the display planes. Jake showed me where all the guns were on all the planes. Sometimes there was a rivet on a plane and Jake would claim it was a bullet ready to shoot out.


Looking for more guns.


Jordy holding up the tail of a fighter jet.


We found where they parked the Blue Angels!


I don't care who you are, that's awesome right there.


Seriously. That's cool.

The wing walker. See that chick standing on the plane as it gets ready to flip upside down? She's cooler than you.

Blue Angles F-18 Hornet


Touring some planes.


Snack time.


The Canadian Snowbirds.


The best way to view an airshow.


The AV-8B Harrier. This plane hovers. It was like a spaceship. It just sat there and parked in the air. Sometimes it would spin in a circle or slide from side to side. It was LOUD. And also awesome.


More Canadian Snowbirds.



Jake loved his toy Blue Angel.


Jordy loved the popcorn.


The Harrier again. Still hovering.


Really loud.


This is how Doobie rolls. I totally just punned unintentionally.


The best seat in the house. Plus he had a telephoto lens. Me = JEALOUS.



F-22. The most amazing, loudest, impressive thing ever. So fast. Did I mention loud? Josh called them "scare planes."


A little pyro during the joint forces capabilities demonstration.



Running around crazy because we are so excited for the Blue Angels!



And then falling down and crying!



The Blue Angels C-17 did a couple of fly-bys before the big event.


Jake, getting things started.



Not even I realized at the time, how AWESOME this shot would be. I should be a professional photographer.


One upside down, one right side up, just cruisin'...at 400 miles per hour.


Showing off their 18 inch spacing. EIGHTEEN INCHES!




Flew right over our heads.


Water bottle missles.


Perfection.


The end!



I'm already excited for next year! WOOHOO!

No comments: