Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Birthday!



My Sweetie Pie Head celebrated his 34th birthday last week. We celebrated in the usual fashion...relaxing! We had dinner with the family and a couple of friends at Lonestar steakhouse, home for pumpkin pie and then off to the movies!


D is not a cake fan so our tradition is to have pumpkin pie for his birthday. I didn't have 34 candles so instead I used every candle in the house. It got the point across well enough I think. :)


It is impossible to get this a guy a decent gift. So instead of dropping a big pile of money on something he won't even pretend to like, we assembled a gift bag of all his favorite treats. Later he and I went on a movie date with a stop at Best Buy first so he could pick something super cool for himself.


The kids spent some time making him birthday art.




There was a to-do involving me and my inability to find canned pumpkin anywhere in town. In the end I tracked down some organic pumpkin with a really weird recipe on it. I made it anyway and as it was cooling I opened my pantry and a can of good ol' Libby's pumpkin fell of the shelf into my hand. Left over from last Thanksgiving. DOESN'T IT JUST FIGURE!?

The pie was edible though. I'll make the Libby's for Thanksgiving this year.

1 comment:

Raychel said...

Aww... looks like so much fun! Did you get a new couch? The one in the shot looks super nice. Can't wait to see it in person.