Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another Installment of Favoritisms

Trucking right along with my favorite things, we are now moving on to the clothing portion of the program. Now, keep in mind, I am a stay at home mom who masquerades a few times a week as a photographer and also a ninja. So my clothing faves are not stylish. In fact they are the opposite of that. Comfort is the name of the game. Let us begin.


AMERICAN APPAREL ATHLETIC PANT

Through our little shirt design business, my husband I stumbled upon these yoga pants. It was a random event which turned out to be a horrible business decision, but in the process I inherited about 52 pairs of these pants in three different colors. So I started wearing them. And I never stopped.

I’m sort of a tall girl and my legs are kind of long so generally, when I purchase a pair of perfectly fitting athletic style pants, they shrink up nice and short after the first wash. But these yoga pants are so freakishly long, that they are perfection in poly/cotton blend form.

THE BAMBOO SOCK

Bamboo socks are a relatively new trend in socks but they are the SOCK OF THE FUTURE! They absorb, they neutralize, they wick (what does that even mean?) and they feel really comfy to boot (PUN!)

I live in the frozen tundra, the Last Frontier, the vast frigid wasteland of Alaska. I also have circulatory issues so my extremities are often frozen solid regardless of my efforts to keep warm. So basically, I know socks. Do the bamboo sock.

FUGGS

Remember what I said about not being stylish? This is that statement times ten. Ugg Boots are a trend that is so over that it was obviously time for me to jump on board. But I don’t spend money for a label so I buy the “fugg” version at Costco and save about $100.

They are on my list because of their functionality. They are freaking warm. And waterproof. I live in Alaska. The End.

No comments: