Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Catching Up and Really Nice Shirts

Wow. I have so much bloggedy-ing to catch up on! Christmas and our trip to Seattle and Vancouver, BC followed by a basketball tournament have kept me pretty busy these past several weeks. Yesterday was my first official day at home since mid-December and I HAD to go grocery shopping. Today I have a few errands but I’m forcing myself to get some words on the blog first.

Obviously I bailed on the whole #reverb10 thing last month. I knew I would but it was fun while it lasted. I’ve started another picture of the day project this year, so we’ll see if that lasts any longer. I have exactly two days left to get settled in at home, get my Christmas stuff put away and prep for the beginning of the 2011 photo season. Starting with a newborn shoot this Thursday, and a wedding on Friday and another on Saturday. We are hitting the ground in 2011 running at full speed. Wish us luck.

I’d like to end this post with story.

The whole family was in the car on Sunday, coming home from lunch and everyone was munching on those little red and white mint things that every restaurant passes out at the door. The kids were all in the back opening their mouths and flashing their mints at each other and pretending to gag. Suddenly, Jordy couldn’t handle it anymore.

“Ugh! You’re making me sick for REAL!”

Jake didn’t care of course and kept flashing her the mint on his tongue. She gagged a few times (very dramatically I might add) and I inwardly rolled my eyes because there are few things I hate more than drama and she is rapidly becoming the queen.

“STOP showing me your food!”

Her voice had reached that annoying high pitch that makes me want to jump out of a moving car so I told her to look out her window. I told her that she wouldn’t see the food in his mouth if she would just stop looking at him.

“I don’t want to stop looking at him! I really like his shirt!”

It was a really nice shirt.

1 comment:

~DLW said...

LOL... So awesome!!!