Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Favoritisms

Every once in a while, life presents to you something that you can’t believe you ever lived without. Like how I can’t believe I ever lived in a place that didn’t have a dishwasher. My dishwasher is my bestest friend. Without him, I would be washing sippy cups filled with rotten milk by HAND. *shudder*

I’ve run across a few other of these little miracles in my life and would like to now present a series called, “Favoritisms” since Oprah stole my idea for calling it, “Oprah’s Favorite Things.” I should have egged her vacation house when I was in Cabo.

To start things off easily and predictably, allow me to present to you...my favorite food products.

Coffee, in general, tops the list. Coffeemate’s Cocunt Creme Coffee Creamer is so good, I’d drink it straight up if it contained caffeine. When I’m out and about and have an extra $5, I splurge on a Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha. The picture on the right doesn’t quite do it justice so I pulled this one out of the archives.

Oh yeah.

Continuing the coconut theme, allow me to introduce you to Almond Joy Pieces. I thought I’d hit the jackpot when M&Ms came out with a coconut version last Christmas but these, THESE are so much tastier. If I sit down with a bag of these, I finish the bag of these.


Cranberry Sauce shaped like a can.

Don’t try to offer me some freshly whipped up, all natural cranberry concoction with lumps that contains no preservatives. I need the sauce from the can that comes out shaped like the can. This delectable semi-solid graces every Thanksgiving and Christmas feast that I am a part of. It has also found a home in my Christmas stocking every year since I was about fifteen years old. Thanks Pops.


Hello, my Love.

Those who know me well, know that I LOVE fruit snacks. Actually, I don’t think “love” is a strong enough word to convey the emotion I feel when I see fruit snacks. I only had kids so that I’d have an excuse to buy fruit snacks at Costco.

Me and high fructose corn syrup, we have a thing.

3 comments:

Cheri-Beri said...

Rotten milk out of sippy cups? You mean the ones that somehow go undetected for weeks under the couch, in a closet or under a bed? We used to call those "milk bombs." You will not miss them once your kids get older.

Riah said...

Because of you, I have begun to question people who think they are a ninja. I always ask, "but are you a FRUIT SNACK NINJA?" Because if they aren't... they haven't reached the highest level of ninja yet.

Unknown said...

What? No Oxi-Clean??? Tell that dishwasher favorite to go clean the floors. See what happens then.