Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Vancouver, BC

For the first time since my Jakey boy was 3 months old, we got the chance to spend Christmas with my family. It was wonderful and magical and I’ll save all that for another post. While we down there, Darrin and I drove to Vancouver, BC for a couple of days so that Darrin could get eye surgery. He was originally going to get Lasik but after the consultation, he opted for PRK instead. I won’t bore you with the details of the difference between the two.

Vancouver was BEE-UUUU-TIIII-FUUUUL. It was clean and friendly and just beautiful. We stayed at the Marriott which was directly across the street from the Coal Harbor Eye Care Center where Darrin had his procedure done. Also within walking distance was Red Robin, 7-11, the Olympic Torch and FOUR Starbucks. We were only in town for about 48 hours but it was a blast, even if D spent most of blind.

I now present you with a photo montage taken the night of Darrin’s surgery and the only time I remembered to lug my camera around with me.

Leaving the hotel.


There was one on every corner. And sometimes two.


The Olympic Torch









The view from our hotel room.


The view TO our hotel room.

So that was pretty much the extent of our trip! Unfortunately I never managed to get a picture of D with his blind man glasses on. However, we had a lot of fun at the mall pretending he really WAS blind and I was leading him around. Tee hee.

No comments: