Monday, June 11, 2012

Birthday Party

Little known fact about me...I despise throwing parties.  Kid birthday parties in particular.  I think it has something to do with the PRESSURE but I’m not sure and don’t really feel like analyzing it right now.

Last year, Jordan begged for a party.  I half-heartedly tossed around ideas for throwing one and then one day we were at Target.  Jordan saw a lady bug Pillow Pet.  She wanted it really bad.  “Hey Jordy, I’ll buy you that Pillow Pet instead of having a birthday party.....?”

She agreed without hesitation.

But this year she was on to me.  She begged for a party again and even tossed in a disclaimer, “but I don’t want you to buy me a toy instead of a party this time.”

Drat.

Not only did she want a birthday party, (ugh), she wanted to have it at freaking CHUCK E CHEESE!  My own personal hell on Earth!

But I love my daughter.

I’d have to, wouldn’t I? To be willing to do this for her?

 Just look at that face! ^

And then look at THIS face!
Sort of makes it all worth it.  :) 
(psssst, remember, the homemade cake I made on her actual birthday?  The one with the sprinkles?  I made two!  I had lots of sprinkles.  Still not sure where they came from or how long they’d been there...)


No comments: