Thursday, August 16, 2012

Funny Quotes

A couple of Jake-isms

Recently, Jake had a physical for football and the doctor mentioned that he might need his eyes checked more thoroughly.  That, combined with the fact that Jake has complained of not being able to see very well, prompted me to get him an actual eye exam.

He had to have his eyes dilated and everything.

Later that afternoon, while he was trying to play Legos with his silly sunglasses and severely blurred vision, Jake said to me, “the doctor said I can see like and eagle!”

“I know Bud, your eyes are great.”

“Well, humans aren’t supposed to see like eagles so that’s why they had to make my eyes blurry.”

Later he told his dad that the doctor said he could see like an eagle too.

“It’s because I can see really far but I can’t read the letters because eagles can’t read."


And just a few minutes ago, Jake showed me a super sweet Lego spaceship creation that he had built.  I oohed and aahhed over it.

“Mom, do you really think it’s great or are you just doing one of those parent things where you pretend to like things kids do?  Like when Jordan build things."

No comments: