Saturday, September 13, 2008

Let's Rally!

(Warning: Excessive use of exclamation points coming. I know I'm normally anti-exclamation points thanks to a certain episode of Seinfeld, but this event excited me beyond the capacity to withstand the urge. So let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Today I had the very exciting opportunity to attend a McCain/Palin rally in Anchorage before our governor is whisked off onto the campaign trail until the election. The day actually started the night before as we were inundated with calls from associates hoping to have some last minute shirts made. So we set up shop in our living room and finally finished around midnight.

I woke up at 6am (I can't remember the last time I saw 6am) and met with the girls for coffee and shirt distribution. When we first made our way through security, someone asked if they could take a picture of our shirts. We agreed only if he would take one for us too...Side note: I saw a few of our shirts in attendence!


And we're in! We got there early enough to get really close. Excitement is building, only two more hours to wait. Ugh.


Things were kept lively (as lively as you might expect them to get at a republican gathering, ahem) by the Wasilla High School Pep Band and efforts by some to start some feeble chanting. We joined in a few rounds and then gave up with everyone else. WAY TOO EARLY IN THE MORNING.


The moment we'd all been waiting for! Our lovely governor and soon to be Vice President! She is so beautiful. Not that it's important but it's true. Her speech was so positive and uplifting. Such a refreshing change from the mud slinging that's happening in the campaigns. She talked about reform and we Alaskans know she's capable of that, holy moley. And she talked about McCain and what a great man and hero he is. She introduced her family and I cheered especially hard for Piper because she's my favorite! So precious!



Here is Willow and baby Trig. He slept through the whole thing. Such a republican!


I got to shake her hand and she signed my campaign poster which is currently sitting above my fireplace. I'm so proud of her!


She even smiled for a picture. Such a patient lady. What the crowd lacked in enthusiasum before the rally started, they made up for in over zealousness when it came time for meet and greet! I almost died! And look! There's my girl, Piper!


The "First Dude" Todd Palin. He also shook my hand and signed my poster. I just wish little Piper had a pen!


Proud conservatives! Loved every minute of it. Even the crazy people who tried to climb over us.


I think, given the chance, she is going to be such an awesome asset to this country. Those of us in Alaska know what she's capable of and we couldn't be prouder!

1 comment:

Raychel said...

SO cool. What troopers you all are, getting up so early.